So I decided the other day that I needed products to clean my face with, facial scrubs facial mask and facial wash. I wanted something more of organic ingredients.
No smell to it, all natural product. I said what’s better and more organic than doing it myself.
I looked up ingredients and what does what. I found out that,
1.Soy Milk is good for anti-inflammatory, anti-aging and prevents UVA garage.
2. Yogurt moisturizes the skin.
3. Oats and Sugar removes dead skin cells
4. Coconut Oil is the do-everything oil with next-to-nothing downside
5. Lemon bleaches the skin
6. Honey helps in moisturizing the skin
7. Coffee gets rid of puffy eyes, minimizes the appearance of cellulites, exfoliates dry skins and makes it feel silky smooth. Coffee is loaded with antioxidants which prevents pre-mature skin aging.
I decided to make my own facial products. I got a couple of very small Mason Jars and boy do I love those Mason Jars. I think I have over 40 jars, I use them for everything. You can find them at Deals or Dollar Trees.
So I did 5 facial scrub and 1 facial mask:
- Brown Sugar Almond Scrub: 4 tablespoon of Brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil, 2 tablespoon of Honey, 1 tablespoon of clear almond extract
- Coconut Scrub: 1 cup of Coconut Oil, 1 cup of Sugar and 2 tablespoon of Honey
- Brown Sugar/Vanilla Scrub: 4 tablespoon of Brown Sugar, 2 tablespoon of Honey, 1 cap of Vanilla and 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Honey/Lemon Facial Scrub: 2 tablespoon of Honey, 1 tablespoon of Lemon and 1 table spoon of Olive Oil
- Coffee Facial Scrub: 3 tablespoon of Brewed Coffee, 2 tablespoon of Brown Sugar, 2 tablespoon of White Sugar and 3 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- Facial Mask: 2 tablespoon of Honey and 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
These are the ones I’ve done so far. My next step is to do facial wash and moisturizers. I’ve been scrubbing my face a lot with the Coffee Scrub and Coconut Oil scrub and I see and feel the difference. After the scrubs I put a little bit of coconut oil to complete.
These facial scrubs makes great gift ideas, and these ingredients are always in your food cabinets and since I love baking there’s always these products in my cabinets. I prefer Dominos Sugar.
Keep a look out for more DIY facial products.